Monday, December 27, 2010

Laughter

What a fun past few weeks! Jason and I went to Cabo San Lucas at the last minute the week before Christmas. It was so nice to get away and spend time together.

Thank you so much for praying us through another Christmas without Reese. What a privilege it was to have Colson with us this year. Since Reese went to Heaven there are times when I have felt completely carried by prayer. This Christmas was another one of those amazing times.

Our day was filled with family, love, joy, and laughter. Thank you for continuing to pray for us and celebrate with us.

It's going to take me all week to unpack and put Christmas away. Ha! It's so good to be home though. I'm always kind of sad after the holidays, but I try to keep busy and look forward to everything coming up in the new year.

I can't wait to share with you what our families did in honor of Reese. Very sweet things. Until I get our lives back together, this will have to hold you over.
Some things never get old. ; )

He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Job 8:21

18 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

What a sweet sound!!

Kelley said...

Sol loves that video! Maybe God will orchestrate a playdate in our future :) So glad you had a good Christmas. He is faithful, isn't He?
Love you ~ Kelley

Ashley E. said...

Hey Katie! I'm the girl you met in the airport! haha! I'm sure I looked like a mess, but you are so sweet! Glad y'all had a good time!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

That sound is the sweetest sound ever! Glad you had a good time with your family over Christmas!

Tiff said...

I love that sound! When I can get Timothy to give me a real belly laugh in his raspy voice, it just melts my heart and soul!

God is amazing and we are truly blessed to be saved by his grace! :)

Linds said...

baby laughs are the best!

Lara said...

Glad to hear that you had a Merry Christmas. God is so good.

Claire said...

That video is adorable! I'm so glad you had a good Christmas.

Cxx

Bourg Family said...

I LOVE a baby laughing! I have a video of Hadley laughing hysterically everytime I clap my hands. I still watch it over & over.

Jennifer said...

How precious!!
So thankful that you had a good Christmas! I know Zach loved every minute of it!
We love Cabo! That's where we went on our honeymoon. Even though it was only 3 years ago it feels a lot longer since we went! I think Josh and I need to go again soon! :)

hi-d said...

Love that sweet sound of laughter. I'm glad you guys got to get away. Happy New Year!

JenLogue said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to bible study to start back!!

Summer said...

um slightly jealous you went on vacay lol how awesome....

I looooved the christmas card and i am so glad you loved the ornament as soon as i saw it i thought of Reese and you....

When I saw this video my heart swelled, it is so amazing,God's work, to hear Colson giggle, just amazing

xoxo
sums

katie said...

Love the video. Now what I want to know is, what were you doing to make him laugh so hard??

Looking forward to your update!
-katie

Donna said...

That is just the funnest video ever!! Just makes you smile...thanks for the Christmas gift!!!

Meet the Brummett's said...

OMG, he has to be one of the sweetest babies on the planet and that laugh of his is THE sweetest! Love it and thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Katie,

I am so glad you and your family made it through another Christmas. It was our third without Gavin and it just doesn't get any easier. May your days continue to be lightened by the laughter and love of those 2 precious boys.

Blessings,
Amanda

Forever missing Gavin 4/7-5/3/08

Courtney said...

oh my that was precious - there is not much sweeter in life than that

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved