Monday, July 18, 2011

8B

What a fun weekend! After I dropped the boys off with my parents Friday, I hopped on a plane to Dallas to see three amazing friends. They picked me up at the airport, and we went straight to Cheesecake Factory. Priorities, right? 

Ashley, me, Lauren, Bek
Our apartment number at Baylor was 8B. This is the first time we have ever spent a weekend together like this, and we laughed a lot about how some things never change.
Saturday morning we all got pedicures.
We shopped, ate, and went to the pool for the rest of the day. Love. These. Priceless. Friendships. It's such an honor to be a part of their lives. 

I'm really sad it's over, but we are already talking about our plans for next summer. GOD's timing in this weekend was perfect because it's almost like a countdown has begun to August 13th. How does my body know that Reese's two year mark is coming closer? I don't know but I feel it deep within me.

Time like this with Godly, real, hilarious, love-you-nomatter-what-friends is so important! I also spent a little time with my sister Mandy, and that was an unexpected treat. ; )

Zach and I had a fun day. A few things he said to me today...

He asked me where Daddy was, and I told him he was at work. He said, "When is he going to finish his work?" I laughed and told him there is always work to do. Kids' perspectives are so clear.

We were swinging outside, and he asked me where Colson was. I told him with Gran and G-Daddy, and he said, "But Mom, we always have to have a baby." He needs to change this kind of thinking quickly!

We went to get a snow cone and on the way home he told me, "I'm mean." I told him he was not at all mean and had a very tender heart. He said, "GOD made me mean." What in the world? Thankfully we moved on from that conversation. ; )


You are my help and my Deliverer;
   LORD, do not delay.

Psalm 70:5

8 comments:

hi-d said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend, Katie! It is such a blessing to have wonderful friends.

I'm going to be praying hard for you the next few weeks...

Blessings!
hi-d

Mer said...

So fun!!!

Melanie Mueller said...

SO glad you got a chance to getaway with some wonderful ladies! Love the cute things Zach says. That age is so fun!!
I will be thinking and praying for you as August 13th approaches. I can only imagine the ache your body has for your sweet Reese! May you feel comfort, strength and God's presence each minute of each day!!

Becky said...

Kids do say the darndest things! On our way home from camping, our 4 year old grand daughter insisted, and I mean insisted, that Abednego was a bad name. Her five year old cousin kept telling her it was not. They argued for miles. Come to find out, Juliet thought it was a bad name because his name was changed. And, Z is right - you should always have a baby around! Enjoy this alone time with that special young man!

Donna said...

What a wonderfully sweet weekend! Your post made me smile.

So glad that you get to spend a little one-on-one with Zach. He's a cutie pie!

Have a great week!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!!!! I know a girls weekend did your heart good!!!! :)

Brandi said...

Love girls' weekends! I get together w my besties from hs every summer!! We have the best time! We are going on our bestie trip this weekend...chillin' at the lake all weekend long...woohoo!!! WE mommies need it!! Looks like u guys had fun! Pedis are the best!!! Oh, Cheescake Factory....YUMMY! And Zach, presh!!!

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

So glad you had a weekend away, it is so refreshing!! Makes us a better wife and Mommy!

Z cracks me up! Kids are just SO funny!!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved