Thursday, July 28, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Zach is finally in his big boy bed. I knew some of you were wondering if it would ever happen. ; ) I was! Z has been such a "big boy" for awhile, but he still slept in his crib so it was kind of funny. We never cared though because he slept so well!
One night he woke up scared and wanted to sleep in his bed. Jason put him in it fully expecting him to be in our room in minutes. He didn't come and slept through the rest of the night there.

That's how it started. Jason and I quickly threatened laid down the rules of sleeping in his bed, and everything has gone very well. 
He does still take a nap in his crib. Ha! Small steps. He tried "napping" in his bed but just played. I don't mind him playing at all as long as he is happy the rest of the night. This was not happening. The boy needs his sleep. ; )
He loves his bed and snuggles in with all his blankets and toys. I'm so thankful. Sometimes in the morning he says, "Not wake me. Please leave me alone."

Now if only I can get used to him appearing downstairs. I'm a little jumpy, and he's surprised me a few times. ; )

Yea for another milestone!


...when I wake up, I am still with You.

Psalm 139:18

18 comments:

Hillary said...

Grady is still in his crib and we are in no hurry to move him! He loves it in there and still at the age of 3 has no desire to climb out by himself. He may be in there quite awhile if he stays content! :)

Wendy said...

I'm putting this off for as long as possible w/ my Zachary (3.5 years old)! My oldest son started climbing out at 18 months so I'm savoring every minute of the safety of the crib. Plus, Z shares his room with his 26-month-old brother and I know if I let one out, I'll have to let them both out and then they'd be bouncing off the walls. Not looking forward to that!!! He's not complaining at all so we're going with it!! I promise, I'll let him sleep in a real bed before he leaves for college. Maybe. ;)

C R said...

Let me say (from my experience) it is much better to let them stay in the baby bed as long as possible. We have done it both ways with three kids, and everything went much smoother when we waited longer. The same with potty training.

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Ryan has the same comforter! So cute! YAY for Zach!

Rebekah said...

I know just what you mean about leaving a good thing alone! Cilla is not getting a big girl bed anytime soon! Way to go, Zach! Such sweet pics of him sleeping!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, he is growing up so fast!

Happiness Is... said...

Aw - so cute. I love the age where they start bringing the entire house to bed with them. Whatever works!

Dana said...

Props for Zach!!! That is awesome that he is doing so well in his big boy bed :D How does Colson do with bedtime? I am working with Noah and he has gotten worse and worse at bedtime. I am not sure what to do :(

Melanie Mueller said...

That is a big milestone!! Yay for him staying put at night. What a big boy!! Those are some sweet sleeping pictures! Love those lashes!

Gina said...

Love all the books and toys in the bed. My son is the same way in his crib. He loves to play with them before he goes to sleep and when he wakes up

Rachel Lane said...

Can you PLEASE tell me where that comforter is from? That is exactly what I am looking for!

Linds said...

I'm SO jealous he lasted that long in the crib. I had full plans of Brayden not coming out of the crib until he was 10 :), but he had other plans and climbed out. Drew made the call that he would rather put up the bed fight than deal with an ER visit... I STILL miss the crib and it's been over 6 months!

Anonymous said...

Adorable- he is so polite when asking for a little more sleep time! I love that! And I love his pile of toys in there with him- ha!

Carolina Girl said...

You know, it's never occurred to Grady to get out of the bed in the morning. He just calls for us, and says he's awake!

I'm so jealous that Z still naps!! Grady needs his sleep too and he just won't sleep anymore during the day.

Sara said...

Yay for Zach! They will do it when they are ready, won't they?

Mandy said...

I love it. I love the toys in his bed! Hilarious!!!

Kayla said...

LOVE the comforter! Have been looking for one for my son's room and can't find one I like. Can you tell me where you found Zach's?

(Love the pile of toys he has in bed with him! So cute!)

hi-d said...

So SWEET! And the timing of this post is too funny because I am on my 3rd day of training Maximus to go from his swing to his crib. haha...Actually, your sweet, SIL, Shannon, gave me some great advice and it's WORKING! Thank the Lord!

I love how Z looks so comfortable in his bed...

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved