Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun/Sick Weekend

The first part of our weekend was wonderful, but yesterday afternoon Jason and Zach got sick. ; ( Thankfully they are feeling much better but stayed home from church this morning. Colson and I went to church and took breakfast for our small group. Each couple in our class rotates, and it was our turn.
I made a new recipe for cinnamon rolls. It's so easy! A neighbor gave me the recipe, and I have no idea what the real name is. I call them upside down cinnamon rolls.
Just in case you want to try something extra sweet this week...

You will need ~ 

3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup vanilla ice cream
1 pkg. Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls (don't use the icing)
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

*I used Pillsbury frozen cinnamon rolls and did not use pecans.

1. Grease 9 x 13 pan and put pecans in bottom.
2. Lay frozen rolls in pan on top of pecans.
3. Boil other ingredients for one minute, pour over frozen rolls.
Above is my #3
4. Place pan in oven, let sit overnight.
This sounds crazy, I know! This is what mine looked like this morning.
5. Next morning, bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes (until the tops are slightly brown). Leave rolls in oven during preheat. Turn upside down and place in different pan.

They have a very strong maple taste which is different from a lot of cinnamon rolls, but I love them!
My little tan heartbreaker
Jason and I laugh because we think Colson's skin is so white compared to ours! No one seems to agree with us though. ; )

My arms are full. Full of boys. Full of chaos. Full of love and joy.


For this is what the LORD says: "I will extend peace to her like a river..."

Isaiah 66:12

15 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Those look so good! I am going to have to make those!

Mandy said...

WHITE??? HA HA HA. Look at my kids!!

Becky said...

Looks like a neat recipe! You don't know what white is until you see my two daughter's. Dryscha especially is often teased because she is the most perpetually pale person I have ever seen.....

Lauren said...

Oh girl...ALL of you are tan beauties! I was laughing at how white Parker looked in the bath tub next to Z when we visited! ;)
Those cinnamon rolls look awesome, I always love adding a new recipe to my collection! Glad J and Z are feeling better!

Stephanie said...

those look so yummy...I'm definitely gonna try them!
Your boys are so precious!

Emily said...

Those cinnamon rolls looks GOOD! I will have to try them sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I'll probably be making those cinamon roll sometime soon! They look amazing! Glad your family is feeling a little better!!

The Anglin Family said...

Yummy!
That sweet tan little boy is gonna break some hearts someday;) so handsome.

Jenny said...

Ooo those look yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

m&msmommy said...

Those boys are absolutely precious!!!! :) And you are beautiful! :)

I hope everyone is feeling much better.

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! ;)

Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

Zach does have such a good tan! Im jealous! :-) And those cinnamon rolls look so good!! Ive never heard of having to leave anything in the oven overnight like that...I'll have to try it out!!

Trac~ said...

Ow wow - these look amazing, Katie! And they look so easy too! Sorry to hear that J and Z were sick over the weekend, but happy to know they are back to themselves and feeling much better now. Thanks for stopping by today - glad you liked my "southern" story - hee hee hee. We are happy to be back in Arkansas as well and I really look forward to the day I get to meet you and your beautiful family in person. Big hugs! :)

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Sure do love your blog, Katie. The rolls look delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

I found your blog through Newlywed & Decorating! You have a precious blog & a beautiful family!

Liv Love said...

I tried the rolls and they are delicious..thanks for sharing! Colson I guess looks a bit whiter but maybe that's because he doesnt get the same amount of sun the rest of the family does...you guys tan so well you're family looks hispanic!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved