Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Vet, Doctor & Dentist

We are trying to stay healthy around here! Is something going around? Z got sick again yesterday and is still pitiful today. I keep asking him how he feels and he says, "I'm just a little bit sick" or "I'm just being quiet." So unlike him.

Riley has an ear infection, so we took her to the vet yesterday. I've never had both boys and Riley by myself like this so I was anxious. Plus she loves people and kids, but not so much other dogs, so it could have been wild.

Thankfully Z was a big help with Ri. I love his helpful spirit. ; )
Colson's face is too funny.
This morning was his turn to see the doctor for his one year appointment. Our big baby weighs 24 pounds. Lots to love!
I'm glad he likes to be held because I squeeze him tight a lot!
Next was Zach's turn at the dentist. He looks thrilled!

The boys' pediatrician and dentist are on the same street. So nice for me! I realized too late that we should have walked to his appointment. I loaded the boys and stroller in my car after Colson's appointment just to drive 50 feet to unload them again. Ha!
When the dentist walked over to us Zach said, "I'm going to get donuts!" Great. Just the thing to tell your dentist. We hadn't even talked about this, and I just laughed like he was kidding.

Z did such a good job the entire time we were there. I was so proud of him of course I had to get him a donut after we left. ; ) Life's too short.

Yet I am always with you...

Psalm 73:23

18 comments:

Kelley said...

Sol weighs 23lbs...thinking {and praying} of you. Love ~

Summer said...

OMG you are a brave girl. I took Kelcee and the cat to the vet and promised myself never again ha! All of your kiddos are precious. Colson and Z are so cute and of course Reese is beautiful! I love that pic of Colson he looks like he is thinking "what in the world" LOL check out his outfit so so cute, Z is presh I love he said we are getting donuts and that you got him one yay!

xoxo
Sums

Mallory said...

We have 2 German Shepherds and love them, but I am curious how do you handle all of the hair? I could pull my own out most days because clumps of their hair is all over our hardwood!! Advice?

Becky said...

Two handsome dudes there! I'm telling you - those are two handsome little guys!

Rebekah said...

I hope Z is feeling better soon. Bless his little heart. I haven't taken our doggies to the vet since we lived in Waco because I can't imagine managing both dogs and my wild child, Cilla! It stresses me out just thinking about it! I hope everyone is well at your house soon!

Melissa Abby said...

If it makes you feel any better, my husband is a pediatric dentist and we go get donuts every Sunday after church. And we always run into our pediatrician there :)

the osbornes said...

Love that about the donuts! Right before I took Noah to his first dentist appointment, we ran by the post office and the person behind the counter gave him a sucker. Of course Noah then told the dentist ALL about how he was going to get to eat his sucker after he left! I'm sure the dentist thought I was the worst ;) Ha!

Mara said...

I can relate to the donuts. I told my daughter if she made it through all her swimming lessons without hesitation/crying we would go to the science museum. It has worked like a charm. My friend told me the other day that when people say they don't bribe their kids-they lie:)

Diane said...

Michael weighs 19 pounds and is 7 months... ha! We may have to compare notes if he's had his year appointment at Christmas. :-)

The Rohman Family said...

Girl! Life is WAY to short to not eat donuts :) I try to eat a couple every week! And 24 pounds IS a lot to love. He is precious and perfect!

Katie said...

You are brave to take 2 kids and a dog to the vet!

24 lbs! Way to grow Colson!

Linds said...

look at Z stylin' in those shades :) So sweet!

I am pretty sure Connor will weigh about the same as Cols for his 1 year. A month ago he was tipping the scales at 20 pounds :) haha!

Jill said...

Go Supermom! Life's always an adventure, especially when you add kids and dogs to the mix!
The kids are precious as always. Z is getting so growny looking and colson...well, he is 24 lbs of complete adorableness!

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

You are brave, glad your boys did so good :) They are getting bigger and cuter by the day!! :) I could eat up Colson and his sweet rolls! Thinking of you tonight!

m&msmommy said...

They are SO precious!!

I hope everyone is on the mend quickly. Having sick children is bad, but especially when they look and act sick! :( It makes your heart sad for them.

Too funny about the donuts. They always seem to say the funniest things at the funniest times! :)

Nancy said...

Love your blog! Hope your little man feel's better!

Mer said...

Garrett's first appt is at the end of August! I can't believe they are doing big kid stuff already! I MISS YOu!!!

Tiff said...

I can't get over how much these two alike! It's nuts! And Colson is getting so big! I just wanna squeeze him!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved