Sunday, November 27, 2011

Friends & Trees

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Lots of food, fun, family, and friends. ; ) Of course lots of chaos, too. What would holidays be without that?
I was lucky enough to see this cutie along with her sweet mama. Sadie is such a doll! Laura also came over with her two precious boys Braysen and Brock. Oh my goodness I loved loving on those babies. 

Just like Hil said, these girls just get me and this really is priceless! So thankful for them.
 My nieces Allie and Mary helped my mom put up her Christmas tree last week. My mom overheard them talking about putting Reese's picture in the front of the tree. Then they put her rattle close to her, too. Then when they got out the angels they wanted to hang them all around her! 


This means so much, and it was so simple. I love their faith and sensitive hearts.


Last night the candle lighting service we've been to the last two years was cancelled due to weather. I was sad but hopefully it will be rescheduled. It's always such a sweet service.


We already had a sitter, and our friends Candy and Kyle had asked us earlier in the day if we wanted to go to a Razorback basketball game so we took them up on their offer! It worked out perfectly.
Today we put up our tree. It's not finished yet but close! Z got the instructions out and told Jason how to put it together. ; )


A few things I want to remember about Z at this phase in his life...


1. The other day he got in trouble for disobeying. He cried and said, "You're hurting my feelings. You're disobeying God!" 


Even though it was cute, I had no sympathy.


2. When I do laundry I put Zach's clean clothes on the stairs to take up wheneven we go. It tends to pile up at times, and recently Zach told me, "I'm going to get dressed on the stairs" like that's where his clothes belonged. This morning I found him there getting dressed, too. Sad but funny! It's just life. ; )


Stay warm!


 At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home.


Zephaniah 3:20

10 comments:

Mandy said...

We put Reese's ornament on our tree this past weekend too. My favorite ornament! Love the pictures and I can NOT wait until Christmas! : ) Love you.

Fabiola said...

Reese's ornament is perfect.

Zach looks so grown up with the assembly instruction sheet in hand. He looks like a boss ; )

Hillary said...

Your "little" man looks soo big standing there with the instructions! I can't believe how old he looks! And, what perfect ornaments for you little angel girl. So perfect!

Love you!

xoxox

Candy Johnson said...

I do the same thing! Kohen usually dresses on the stairs, and Wyatt dresses himself by pulling unfolded clothes out of the basket. Someday, I'll be done with laundry because I'm just going to throw all of our clothes out! I hate laundry!

I hate that sweet Reese's memorial was cancelled, but I am SO glad you guys were able to come to the game with us, and I am so glad we didn't even have to watch the game :) You guys are precious!

Tristan said...

the ornaments are beautiful!

Happiness Is... said...

I just love the angel story - too cute. And getting dressed on the stairs? Smart little boy!

Kayla said...

Love the Reese story so sweet. What a cute picture of z holding the Christmas tree instructions

Dianna said...

Getting dressed on the stairs cracked me up!!

The B's said...

My Emma gets dressed in the stairs too! Haha! Sadly, sometimes are stairs get to be as needy as her room after she does through all the clothes & then I end up folding things ten times! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

Kim said...

Hey Katie...

Love the ornaments. Haven't gotten around to one of Julia Grace yet, but thanks for the reminder. It's a must. ;)

Love the getting dressed on the stairs part! Made me laugh. And not feel so bad about my piles of laundry. Ha!

Hope you are doing well and enjoying your sweet, sweet family.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved